10 August, 2008

USA Fascism - Murder of those who know too much

source: www.911blogger.com/node/16999

A quick look back at a list of government-targeted suspects who wound up dead before their day in court:

Riad Hamad

"Riad Hamad is a non-violent activist in Austin, Texas. He holds multiple Master's degrees and has never been arrested. He is now under surveillance by the FBI because he organized the shipment of books to Palestinian children."

"...On the morning of Wednesday, Feb. 27, award-winning schoolteacher Riad Hamad, founder of the Palestine Children’s Welfare Fund (PCWF) was getting ready to leave for work when the doorbell rang in his modest apartment in Austin, Texas. It was a dozen FBI and IRS agents bearing a search warrant from Judge Robert Pittman, known for his hostility to Palestinians and Arabs, with whom Riad had had previous experience..."

Riad Hamad’s suicide:

Wednesday, April 16, 2008, the Austin Police Department announced Riad Hamad's death as a 'suicide,' despite his body being discovered gagged and bound with duct tape. Hamad had claimed he was being targeted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and local law enforcement.

Despite the bindings around Hamad's hands and face, the Austin Police Department deemed the death not suspicious, with spokesperson Sergeant Joseph Chacon contending it was possible Riad had bound himself, saying:
‘Right now, the indications are that this was not, there was not foul play involved. The bindings, although I can't go into them extensively, I can tell you that it is possible that he could have done this to himself.’”

On the Alex Jones Show today, Dr. Ibrahim Dremali, Director of the Islamic Center of Greater Austin, described the condition of Riad Hamad Esolh’s body after he allegedly committed suicide by trussing himself in duct tape and throwing himself in the Colorado River in Austin, also known as Lady Bird Lake.
Islamic law requires the deceased be washed prior to burial and this was what Mr. Dremali did less than 24 hours after Mr. Hamad was pulled from the Colorado River and after an autopsy, although it appears Hamad’s family did not give permission for an autopsy. Normally, according to Dr. Dremali, the “police contact Islamic Center before they do anything” and they did not do this in the case of Mr. Hamad.

Dremali described to Alex Jones the condition of Hamad’s body. It appeared as if he had been “attacked by an animal in the jungle,” Dremali said. Hamad was cut from the shoulder to the stomach; his arms were cut and his face was bruised and the rear of his skull was bashed in. Dremali said Hamad’s brain was missing. Alex speculated Hamad’s brain was missing because he may have been shot in the head.
Dremali stressed that suicide is forbidden under Islamic law. Moreover, the claim Hamad committed suicide is specious because he had children and was in the process of obtaining a doctorate degree.
Dr. Dremali would not speculate if Riad Hamad was assassinated, although it is now obvious, considering the condition of the body, he did not commit suicide.
If indeed Riad Hamad was assassinated, this would dovetail with Israel’s declaration they will target assassinate “Palestinian extremists,” apparently including American school teachers who send textbooks to Palestinian school children, obviously a terrorist event. Israeli intelligence, according to United Press International, considers violating U.S. sovereignty and murdering U.S. citizens as “operational maneuverability.”


Brandy Britton

Brandy Britton doesn’t speak much on her home phone. Not since the incident.
In fact, she’s careful about talking anywhere in her house.
“I don’t want to talk in the living room,” she says, her voice hushed. “I think it’s bugged.”
Still, despite her fears of wiretaps and the adamant instructions of her attorney, Brandy Britton, the former University of Maryland, Baltimore County assistant professor accused of prostitution, can’t resist the urge that’s been with her since childhood — the urge to speak out.”

“…She says the authorities have unfairly singled her out, made up lies, mistreated, stalked and harassed her since Jan. 17, when a team of Howard County officers burst into her quiet suburban home and ransacked the place, breaking her belongings, upsetting her pets and arresting Britton on prostitution charges.
“It sounds paranoid, but they did really serious criminal stuff,” Britton says. “They’ve broken into my house 10 or 15 times. They’ve tapped my phones. They put a tail on me and follow me everywhere.”


“…I counted 11 officers at one point,” Britton says. “They were armed. Their faces were covered. They had automatic weapons, and they were shouting, ‘Down! Clear!’ They dumped out every drawer, everywhere. I was visibly shaken because there were 10 guys with machine guns.

“They started taking dishes and just throwing them on the floor and destroying them. They said, ‘Are you going to tell us that you’re a prostitute?’ I said, ‘I’m not, and I want an attorney.’ ”

Indeed, alexisangel.com made that point emphatically in a disclaimer at the bottom of its home page.

“Money exchanged in legal adult personal services for modeling is simply for my time and companionship. ... This is not an offer of prostitution.”

Her next-door neighbor Bonnie Sorak recalls seeing expensive cars pulling up to Britton’s house frequently before her arrest. What about those cars — the BMWs and the Jaguars? Who were these men? Doctors? Judges? Politicians?

Britton declines to name names. “I don’t want to ruin people’s lives,” she says, but claims her companions were all of the above.

Beverly Hills attorney Darren Kavinoky, who provides legal commentary on high-profile celebrity cases on such shows as “Larry King Live” and “Today,” says the details of Britton’s case should make for a strong legal defense.

“She has a compelling argument and a compelling defense,” he said. “She’s a competent escort. She’s a good conversationalist. There are certainly a lot of people out there who pay for companionship, for good conversation. And if sex between two consenting adults happens, it’s certainly legal and permissible.”

As Britton prepares for her defense, she returns to her Ellicott City home and sits amid a clutter of court documents and newspaper articles, her blond hair dropping to one side.
She has no car. She has no job. Soon, she very well may have no home.
Is she the criminal or the victim?

Britton knows how she answers the question. She’s hoping a jury will see the case the same way.”

Brandy Britton’s suicide:

With Brandy Britton's trial planned to start next week, the former University of Maryland Baltimore County professor apparently took her own life over the weekend, hanging herself in her living room, Howard County police say. A family member found the body Saturday afternoon. Police say they do not suspect foul play.”


Deborah Jeane Palfrey

The alleged D.C. madam is in desperate need of defense witnesses.
Deborah Jeane Palfrey told reporters that she is "genuinely sorry" if people are hurt when identified as clients of her elite escort service -- but she has no choice but to call them to prove that her escorts provided only the fantasy of sex. Not the real thing, which would be illegal.”

“Of the deputy secretary of state who resigned Friday after being confronted by an ABC reporter asking why his private cellphone number was on Palfrey's phone list, Palfrey could only sympathize: "I unfortunately know firsthand the implication such a revelation can have upon one's life."
She also knows the town is edgily awaiting the next name to be dropped, in a verbal Dance of the Seven Veils. According to ABC's Web site, Palfrey's potential witness list includes ‘a Bush administration economist, the head of a conservative think tank, a prominent CEO, several lobbyists, and a handful of military officials.’”

During several recent appearances on The Alex Jones Show, Palfrey also said that she was at risk of being killed and that authorities would make it look like suicide. She made it clear that she was not suicidal and if she was found dead it would be murder.

Palfrey had threatened to release the names of well-known clients of her upscale call girl ring in the nation's capitol, and had indicated that Dick Cheney may be one of them.

"No I'm not planning to commit suicide," Palfrey told The Alex Jones Show on her last appearance, "I'm planning on going into court and defending myself vigorously and exposing the government," she said.”

Deborah Jeane Palfrey’s suicide:

Deborah Jeane Palfrey, known as the "D.C. Madam," was found dead in Florida on Thursday, according to Tarpon Springs police.

Palfrey hanged herself in a storage shed on her mother's property, where she had been staying, police said. Palfrey's mother, 76-year-old Blanche Palfrey, found the body, police said.”

Note: Author Dan Moldea is quick to relay a private conversation with Palfrey which contradicted her own recorded words:

"She wasn't going to jail, she told me that very clearly. She told me she would commit suicide," author Dan Moldea told TIME soon after news broke of her body being found in Tarpon Springs, Florida, an apparent suicide.


Gary Webb

While Gary Webb was never a suspect in any criminal case, in the view of many he had been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion via the mainstream media. Even though the CIA’s own IG report confirmed much of what Webb reported -- even going further in some areas -- the damage to his name had been done.

"It was Gary Webb who revived that investigation in 1996 with his series in the San Jose Mercury News, and again, he was assaulted by these same news elements, the New York Times, the Washington Post, L.A. Times, and what he did was he provoked an internal investigation at justice, at the CIA, and those investigations while they—the press releases tended to be protective of the agencies, the information contained in the long reports was devastating. Essentially, the CIA admitted that it was involved with the Contras, who were actively participating in cocaine trafficking. The CIA Inspector General said more than 50 Contras and Contra units were implicated in the cocaine trade, that the CIA knew about it in real time, that it hid the evidence, that it obstructed justice. All of these things were admitted by the CIA itself, by 1998, in response to Webb’s series. The great tragedy, I suppose, of the personal tragedy and professional, is that despite these admissions, the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the L.A. Times still refused to deal with the facts. It seemed almost like the editors had more of a stake in covering up the truth than the CIA did. So, Gary Webb’s career was allowed to be ruined. The people who were involved in these—in protecting the CIA from those major papers, their careers blossomed. Jerry Seapost, the executive editor of the San Jose Mercury News, who sold out Webb and his series received an award from the Society of Professional Journalists for ethics because of what he did."

Gary Webb’s suicide:

The death of investigative reporter Gary Webb has been confirmed as a suicide, according to a coroner's statement. There has been speculation that he may have met with foul play because he had received two gunshot wounds to the head, The Sacramento Bee reported Wednesday.”

"On December 10, 2004 former investigative reporter for the San Jose Mercury News Gary Webb - who had been on the CIA's "black list" ever since he broke the story of the agency's VILE involvement in flooding the poor black neighborhoods of L.A. with cocaine in the early 1980s - was found dead in his Sacramento area home, an apparent suicide according to the coroner. There was a gunshot wound through his head. No! - make that TWO (possibly three) gunshot wounds, apparently from his father's old .38 caliber revolver. [Please see our articles, "The Drug Epidemic, Viruses, Ebola, and AIDS" and "Material Developed by Gary Webb on the Importation of Drugs into the Neighborhoods of the Poor" for a "run-down" or synopsis on Webb's article, "Dark Alliance;" please also see our story as to why the elites (and the CIA) targeted the poor black neighborhoods of the country in this fashion, "The Utility of Police Brutality in the Elite's War Against the Poor;" finally, we urge you to read our article on the CIA's obscene involvement in the drug trade entitled, "A Short History of the CIA's Involvement in the Drug Trade."


These suicides may appear to be suspicious to those who are natural skeptics, but suspicious deaths are nothing new in this country when it comes to high-profile cases....or even suspects who claim to have the goods on the rich and powerful. The JFK witnesses are a good example.

Critics of the JFK body count claim that conspiracy theorists consider every death related to the assassination is “mysterious.” So to avoid speculation, I’ll just stick to the numbers.

In the first 13 years following the assassination 77* people related to the assassination (witnesses, suspects, or people who claimed to have information) died.

Of those 77, 15 were in the first year

24 in the first 2 years

36 in the first 3 years (1 a month for 3 years is more than a little suspicious)

Of those 77, at least 43 of the deaths were of the unnatural variety (suicide, plane crash, shot by police, drug OD, strangulation etc.). While some of these deaths may be legitimate, I think it’s also fair to consider that some of the deaths considered to be of natural causes could have been due to unnatural causes, but were listed as natural by incompetent or corrupted coroners (i.e. Fahmy Malak from Clinton’s years as governor of Arkansas, who made several suspicious COD rulings, and once famously listed a decapitated man’s cause of death as: an ulcer -- finally deciding that the man‘s missing head must have been consumed by his small dog). Also not included in those 43 were anyone who died of cancer, despite Jack Ruby, who died of cancer, claiming that he had been injected with cancer cells. In Ruby’s video-taped statement he claimed that he would only explain everything he knows if he were flown to D.C. and testify before Congress.

Was Ivins suicided so he would never have a chance to defend himself? Even if he did OD on his own, would the FBI and the DOJ’s tactics contribute to his motive? Their MO is consistent:

Character assassination in the media

Freezing or confiscation of money/assets which contribute to the suspect’s (victim’s?) psychological stress w/ the added bonus of making it difficult-to-impossible to pay bills, eat, raise children, and have adequate representation

And in the case of Deborah Jeane Palfrey, have someone (Dan Moldea) immediately provide the media with “evidence” to support suicide, or to provide further character assassination upon the suspect’s death. Were those roles filled by Jean Duley and Dr. David Irwin in the Ivins case? Maybe it’s time to unleash a massive internet search on these two.


* The first death listed is that of Karyn Kupcinet, daughter of the well-known Chicago newspaper reporter Irv Kupcinet. It was widely reported that an operator for a California-based telephone company overheard a woman say into a pay phone (hours before the actual assassination) that “they” were going to kill President Kennedy. The operator claimed that he hooked into the phone call by accident. There is a lot of speculation as to whether that woman was Karyn Kupcinet or not…. And Irv publicly denied it was her and doubted she could ever know such a thing. However, Karyn was an aspiring actress who hung out with some recognizable television actors of that time. Regardless, Karyn Kupcinet was found dead in her apartment. I believe the cause of death was strangulation. Whether or not the woman who made the call was Karyn, I kept the number at 77 because of the operator’s confirmation of the call, and what was said.

Submitted by kokoBware on Thu, AUG/07/2008 - 1:33am

============ COMMENTS =============

Wow. That story strongly indicates complicity at the local police level. Austin police and the city's coroner ruled that a man bound himself with tape and threw himself in the river? With his brain missing? They called it a suicide?

Submitted by ROBinDALLAS on Thu, 08/07/2008 - 8:01am.

The usual dead suspects is a great post. How about some additions?

I invite everyone to link their most memorable "dead suspects". How about?

Roland Carnaby, Houston, May, 2008--ex-CIA, concerned about the safety of the Houston port from a terrorist strike? Houston remains near the top of the list of targets.

Rep. Gillmor Sleeps With the Fishes, R-OH, who was investigating put options during the same period of the missing nuke B-52 episode, Sept., 2007. He was, of course, reported to have died in his apartment with the usual and oh-so routine "no suspicion of foul play suspected" tag attached. A week later, it's reported Gillmor suffered blunt force trauma to head and neck consistent with a fall!

Any others?

When they say, "no suspicion of foul play,"....just...
...don't believe them!

Submitted by alllans2k7 on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 7:27pm.

Back in the early days, when we were following up on who aided the "19 high-jackers", then I recall there was this nice lady on her way to court to testify on the unusual list of people she had been delivering Tennessee drivers licenses to, but unfortunately, her testimony was never recorded, since her car allegedly exploded into a ball of fire, and she ran off the road, and died from the collision and fire... There is a possibility that the local mafiosi felt threatened, but it sure was strange that she was the one who had delivered the majority of the drivers licenses, as I recall it, to the "special guests" that our country was harboring...

Could some-one give me an up-date on this old "fait divers"?

Submitted by drbeeth on Thu, 08/07/2008 - 5:48pm

Who Signed Sakher Hammad's
WTC Basement Level Pass?
Who Murdered Katherine Smith?

License Suspect Had WTC Repair Pass, But Port Authority Did its Own Work

by Bartholomew Sullivan GoMemphis February 16, 2002

A photo ID pass for Sept. 5 found on one of the men charged with fraudulently obtaining a Tennessee driver's license from a Memphis woman gave him access to the six underground levels of the One World Center building.

But which tenant hired Sakher 'Rocky' Hammad, 24, to work on its sprinklers is lost, said Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Alan Hicks on Friday.

Hammad told federal authorities that he was working on the sprinklers six days before the twin towers were brought down by terrorists, court testimony revealed this week.

But Hicks said the Port Authority, which owned the building, did its own sprinkler work, and that any other work involving sprinklers would have been arranged by an individual tenant.

"We don't know (which one) because all our records were destroyed in the World Trade Center, as were some of the people who know that," Hicks said.

Small details about the five Middle Eastern men arrested Feb. 5 with Tennessee driver's license examiner Katherine Smith are slowly surfacing. Smith died Sunday in a fiery car crash, a day before she was to appear in court. It appears that Khaled Odtllah of Cordova shared the same 2840 Morning Lake Drive address at different times over the past year with Rocky Hammad, according to an online people finder database.

Odtllah and Hammad also spent time in the Bay Ridge section of Brooklyn in 2000 and lived about 22 blocks apart near New York Harbor.

Calls to the telephone number for Magic Plumbing and Heating Inc. on 93rd Street in Brooklyn were answered Thursday and Friday by a recording that said "Rocky's" voice-mail box was full. Hammad had the firm's business card, according to a government exhibit introduced at this week's detention hearing.

Hammad also had a New York City Police Benevolent Association card, a plastic Detectives Endowment Association Inc. for the Police Department of the City of New York card, two video rental cards, an ATM card and a First Consumers National Bank MasterCard.

Hammad's cousin, Abdelmuhsen Mahmid Hammad, also obtained a Tennessee driver's license last year. He's in the country illegally after overstaying a visa.

Venezuela-born Mohammed Fares, 19, allegedly told authorities that he needed a Tennessee driver's license to drive for Big Boss, an export-import clothing store in New York's garment district. Big Boss Enterprises bookkeeper Hussein Nasser said by phone Friday that he had received several recent inquiries about Fares, but that he'd never worked there. [CYA? Or did he apply for a job there?]

So far almost nothing is known of Mostafa Said Abou-Shahin, 26, a self-employed Egyptian carpenter living in the United State illegally.

All five men are being held without bail at the pretrial facility of the Federal Correctional Institution in Memphis.

Copyright 2002

From 911Encyclopedia:

The original story on Denko Mechanical began with the arrestment of Sakher "Rocky" Hammad in 2001, who was carrying a WTC pass for Sept 5th 2001. He told police that he had been working on the sprinkler system. He showed them his business card: Magic Plumbing and Heating. Hammad was later involved in a trial on drivers license fraud, which was interrupted with the bizarre death of witness Katherine Smith (->). The following results are based on an independent investigation by Du member Rebecky: "Rocky was released on $250,000 bail. The nature of the work was not specified. The Port Authority of New York claimed no knowledge of hiring a Denko Mechanical and said Denko must have been hired by a tenant. Denko Mechanical Ltd's address and phone is the residential Manhattan apartment and phone of Mr. Sergei Davidenko. Mr. Davidenko obtained a business license in Feb, 2000. Denko is not listed in any yellow pages or in any type of NY contractor list. Denko simply could not be the sprinkler system contractor for the WTC. Not only would the Port Authority have had records, but companies that install and maintain sprinkler systems for large buildings are heavily regulated major operations with civil engineers, inspectors, warehouses full of delicate equipment and highly trained specialty crews. A Feb 8, 2000, business entity license issued for a Denko Mechanical Ltd, 232 E 26th St. in Manhattan (ph 212-481-8226) which, on reverse trace, is the Manhattan residence and phone of Mr. Sergei Davidenko; it's an apartment building. As noted above, the letter verifying Hammad's WTC employment was signed by a Sergei Denko. In addition to the WTC 9/5 pass, found in Mr. Hammad's wallet at the time of arrest: two video rental cards, a credit card, a membership card for the New York City Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, a card for Detectives Endowment Association of New York with a commemoration for 9/11 victims on it, and a charter membership card to Team Ford Racing. In a February 2002 interview, a rep of the Port Authority, Alan Hicks stated that the PA took care of its own sprinkler system and had no records of Mr. Hammad hired to work on it. The letter exonerating Mr. Hammad's employment was from a company Denko Mechanical signed by its owner Sergei Denko -- does not exist in NY except as a 2 y.o. business license registered to a Mr. Sergei Davidenko of 232 E 26th St., Manhattan. Another residential apartment (again using Skipease reverse trace). A co-defendant in the Memphis trial was Hammad's cousin, also in the WTC on 9/5, Mr. Abdelmuhsen Mahmid Hammad. Other defendants were the Memphis ringleader Khaled Odtllah of Jerusalem, immigrated to the US in 1989, and Mr. Mostafa Said Abou-Shahi and Mr. Mohammed Fares, and a juvenile obtaining a 20 y.o. false ID, Mr. Omar Khayata. NOTE: Denko Mechanical was one of a few sponsors for a trade show at "opportunity knocks" Source: http://www.northwest.ca/Opportunity Knocks 2001.htm


A few days after the crash on the Twin Towers, ex-FBI agent Barry Mawn classified Satam Al Suqamis passport in the rubble in front of the collapsed building 7 on Vesey Street.
A few of the buildings' tenants: CIA, DOD, OEM and INS

However it was never said, what kind of ID Mawn classified.
A laminated, American one or maybe even a paper ID from Europe?

But back to the story in Arlington:

Due to valawyersweekly, "an employee completed an identity affidavit form for each man", Alomari and Alghamdi.

"Al Omari and Al Ghamdi returned to the DMV and used the documents to get ID cards."
But instead of arresting this employee, the FBI concentrated on Villalobos only.


Then it was said, there was a witness, who was not identified, but in one article her gender is identified: female.

She said that the "forms had been signed in advance by the attorney and that the attorney did nothing but talk to the men in a foreign language for a few minutes," according to the complaint.

The other witness -- Villalobos -- stated that the attorney signed the forms after they had been been completed then talked to the men in "their language."

The unidentified witness in the FBI papers said she received $80 for taking Al Omari and Al Ghamdi to the lawyer's office. She stated that she had "provided this service to approximately 100 people during the past four months and (received) approximately $100 per individual."

At least one attorney at that time already prosecuted.

Someone named Michael E. Ford of Reston pleaded guilty Aug. 22 (?) in Alexandria federal court "to the unlawful production of identity documents".

In a Sept. 27 order, the Virginia State Bar Disciplinary Board summarily suspended Ford's law license.

On Dec 4th, Herbert Villalobos, 35, pleaded guilty to helping two Sept. 11 hijackers illegally obtain Virginia identification cards

Herbert Villalobos is free again.
But another "helping hand" is still in prison until 2004.

On February 1st Victor M. Lopez-Flores "pleaded guilty to falsely certifying that hijackers Abdul Aziz Alomari and Ahmed Alghamdi were Virginia residents" and received a 27-month prison sentence from U.S. District Judge Gerald Bruce Lee.

His attorney, Alan Yamamoto, said the document fraud alone would have resulted in about a 12-month sentence under sentencing guidelines.
The judge blamed the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles for allowing people to obtain IDs without proof of residency or identity

Villalobos' attorney, Patrick Anderson (also vice president of Hopkins House Association Board of Trustees and president of the Alexandria Symphony, http://www2.ccps.virginia.edu/sorensen/sipl_alum_1999.html), said on court, that his client was kept in isolation for almost the entire time he was detained

Interestingly, the same attorney is also involved in another Sep11th-case:

Judge Brinkema appointed Alexandria lawyer Alan Yamamoto as a standby lawyer to assist Moussaoui.


ALEXANDRIA, VA. (June 27, 2002)

But there is also confusion about the number of the helping hands- and even their names!

In another article it was said, that Villalobos was one of four people charged,
but only Lopez-Flores was mentioned.

If no.3 was Michael E. Ford , then who was No.4?

One affidavit alleged that Villalobos and a second man - his identity not revealed because he is a confidential witness. He was obviously No.4, but "was not charged".

One artist was rendering the first trial on Sep26th, 2001.

Here you can see the persons who had been involved in the case:

Villalobos' attorney Michael Liberman (from DiMuro, Ginsberg & Lieberman, Virginia) , Herbert Villalobos, FBI Agent Brian Weidner, U.S. Magistrate Curtis Sewell and Assistant U.S. Attorney John Morton

The indictment about Villalobos case is at:

But once again, no mention of any other accomplices.

And there is also no mention about other hijackers.

Only Abdul Aziz Alomari and Ahmed Alghamdi are mentioned in this indictment, who obtained the ID cards "by fraud". It is said, they needed Form DL6 as an identity affidavit.

DL51 is a residency identification which is needed for the DMV.

It is said, that on August 2nd, Alomari and Alghamdi approached several Hispanic man incl. Villalobos in a parking lot next to the DMV and asked them to assist with the IDs.

On that same day, Villalobos accompanied both to an attorney where they received fraudulent DL6 and DL51 "from an attorney who worked in the office".

While neither the name of the attorney nor the 4th charged person (witness) was mentioned,
11 days after Lopez-Flores plead guilty, on February 11th 2002 this "witness" obviously was invited again for the trial.

Now for the first name the name of the witness was revealed:

Her name was Katherine Smith, another Department of Motor Vehicles employee.

But now the story became a bizarre twist.
Instead of "charged in a scheme with five men" (ABC now mentions 5 men!),
she was suddenly killed "in a fiery car crash the day before her first court appearance,
a crash the prosecutor called "most unusual and suspicious"

"Smith, 49, was killed after the 1992 Acura Legend she was driving ran off the road early Sunday and struck a utility pole on U.S. 72 just north of the Mississippi state line, Highway Patrol Lt. Col. Mark Fagan said.

Her car "was immediately engulfed in flames" but authorities don't know whether the fire started before or after the crash, he said. The body was so badly burned it took authorities until Tuesday to verify Smith's identity. The cause of death remains under investigation.

FBI agent J. Suzanne Nash said authorities were trying to determine what caused the car to burn. The gas tank did not explode and the car was only slightly dented from the crash, she said.

"Smith was one of six (!!) people charged last week by federal officials with conspiracy to get Tennessee driver's licenses under false pretences..."

So obviously Smith was involved in two cases:
The false hijacker IDs and filing IDs for middle eastern residents:

Khaled Odtllah, 31; Sakhera Hammad, 24; Mohammed Fares, Mostafa Said Abou-Shahin and Abdelmuhsen Mahmid Hammad

Odtllah came to this country from Jerusalem 13 years ago and has lived in Shelby County for 2 years, his lawyer said.

The trial of these suspects was just finished some weeks ago.
As the Guardian reported, Prosecutor Tim Discenza, said the men seeking false identification filed out state driver's license forms saying they were residents of Tennessee.

Sakhera Hammad, from Jordan, is now a U.S. citizen living in New York City, said his father, Peter Hansen, who attended the hearing. FBI agent Nash said Abou-Shahin told authorities he was from Egypt and is a carpenter. Fares has a Venezuelan passport and speaks Arabic, DiScenza said. The nationality of Abdelmuhsen Mahmid Hammad was not given.

Hammad is still free on bond, but will be sentenced this month, in August 2002.
Defense lawyers have said the men traveled to Memphis from New York because they heard it was easy to get driver's licenses in Tennessee, where Social Security numbers are not required.

But the story even involved yet another strange twist:

When Sakhera Hammad was arrested, investigators found a visitor's pass for the World Trade Center, dated Sept. 5, 2001, in his wallet. He told authorities he was a plumber who worked on the center's sprinkler system.

FBI agent J. Suzanne Nash told this story U.S. Magistrate Judge J. Daniel Breen.

Nash also testified that investigators found evidence of some kind of accelerant in the burned-out interior of Smith's car.


Later "..Tennessee Highway Patrol investigators found no evidence that driver's license examiner Katherine Smith tried to stop her car or take any evasive action Feb. 10 as her car veered off U.S 72."

"Her death was not the result of the crash itself," said THP Capt. Jimmy Erwin.
"Her death was by other means."
The car was traveling about 21 mph when it hit the utility pole, not fast enough to kill Smith from the impact.

Rodney L. Wood, of Corinth, wrote that he and two others tried to free Smith from the driver's seat but were driven away by the smoke and heat.
"The driver did not ever respond, moan or move," wrote Wood, who works for the Corinth Police Department.

Smith was officially "accused of taking payoffs for helping them get driver's licenses without proper documentation"
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apus_story.asp?category=1110&slug=License Scam

In another coincidence, Smith was also examined at the same institute which examined Don C Wiley, a famous Microbiologist, who also died under strange circumstances last year.

And the story became even more strange:

On March 14, a bomb and two smaller explosive devices were found at the Shelby County Regional Forensic Center, which houses the morgue and Medical Examiner's Office that conducted Wiley's autopsy. Dr. O.C, Smith, the medical examiner, told Memphis' Commercial Appeal, "We have done several high-profile cases from Dr. Wiley to Katherine Smith"

And the story around Sakhera Hammad, who worked for this Sprinkler System in the WTC on Sep 5th, also continued:

When arrested, one of the men, Sakher "Rocky" Hammad, as already said, was carrying a WTC pass for Sept 5. He told police that he had been working on the sprinkler system. He showed them his business card: Magic Plumbing and Heating

In a Memphis court on 3/28, Rocky's father, a NY City engineer, Mr. Peter Hansen (immigrated 15 years ago from Jordan), presented the court with a letter from Denko Mechanical, Ltd, signed by a Mr. Sergei Denko, stating that Rocky and Rocky's cousin had been doing work for his company in the basement and garage of the WTC on Sept 5 and 6. Rocky was released on $250,000 bail. The nature of the work was not specified.

The Port Authority of New York claimed no knowledge of hiring a Denko Mechanical and said Denko must have been hired by a tenant.

(Note: Port Authority Chairman Lewis M. Eisenberg, ex-partner of Goldman Sachs & Co, is a good friend of former Twin Towers owner Larry Silverstein, who signed this lease 4 weeks before the attack. Eisenberg recently was elected Finance Chairman of the Republican National Committee)

Denko Mechanical Ltd's address and phone is the residential Manhattan apartment and phone of Mr. Sergei Davidenko.

But Denko is not listed in any yellow pages or in any type of NY contractor list.
It is also still unknown, what Mr. Hammad and his cousin were ostensibly doing in the basement and garage of the WTC on 9/5 and 9/6.

The track ends finally here:
Denko is mentioned in a database of
376 BERTRAND ST. WINNIPEG (Real Dennis + Wayne McCarthy)
Denko Mechanical was also one of a few sponsors for a trade show at "opportunity knocks"
http://www.northwest.ca/Opportunity Knocks 2001.htm

A NY Times article mentioning Hammad's letter from Sergei Denko, president of Denko Mechanical:

That same article mentions the Bay Ridge area of Brooklyn where "Rocky" Hammad lived, and his friends at the Sunrise Farms delicatessen with a quote ("he was a hard working boy") from its manager, Elie Eid.

There is also a Canadian based Denko company, but with no connection to the WTC.

Another Feb 8, 2000, business entity license issued for a Denko Mechanical Ltd, 232 E 26th St. in Manhattan (ph 212-481-8226) which, on reverse trace, is the Manhattan residence and phone of Mr. Sergei Davidenko; it's an apartment building. As noted above, the letter verifying Hammad's WTC employment was signed by a Sergei Denko.

In addition to the WTC 9/5 pass, also found in Mr. Hammad's wallet at the time of arrest: two video rental cards, a credit card, a membership card for the New York City Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, a card for Detectives Endowment Association of New York with a commemoration for 9/11 victims on it, and a charter membership card to Team Ford Racing.

"...The NYC Patrolmen's Benevolent Assoc and Detectives Endowment Assoc of NY are both police unions -- Hammad was carrying cards for both, which would be union membership cards."

The company he claimed to be working for at the WTC, Denko Mechanical, is NOT a licensed fire protection contractor in New York and therefore, by NYC law, could NOT touch any pipe or plumbing fixture connected to the building's sprinkler system:

NYC administrative code 27-126.
Only the building's licensed fire suppression (or protection) contractor can touch anything, any pipe, any valve, connected to the sprinkler system.

This brings us to new Questions:

Who is Sergei Davidenko? Why did he cover for Hammad?
If not the sprinkler system, why was Hammad in the WTC on 9/5 and why did he claim to be working on the sprinkler system?

In a February interview, a rep of the Port Authority (at that time it could have been Alan Hicks)
stated that the PA took care of its own sprinkler system and had no records of Mr. Hammad hired to work on it.

Mr. Hicks went on to state that Mr. Hammad must have been hired by a tenant -- interesting statement -- it clears the PA of accusing Mr. Hammad directly, but is really a ludicrous statement -- tenants do not hire shade-tree residential handymen to work on the HVAC, the elevators, or the sprinkler and standpipe systems -- in the case of the sprinkler systems, it is absolutely illegal according to NYC administrative codes for a general plumber to make any repair on any pipe connected to the fire protection system.

When arrested, Mr. Hammad's residential address, and the address for his Magic Heating and Plumbing residential handyman service was: 275 93rd St, Brooklyn -- an apartment building whose other tenants include (per reverse trace done at skipease.com):

Bassam Alshaer, Chouki Atman, Hesham Elegezeny, Ismail Hanafy, Kholoud Hussein, Khalili Ibrahim, Anas and Fatema Watfa, Dave White.

The letter exonerating Mr. Hammad's employment was from a company Denko Mechanical signed by its owner Sergei Denko -- does not exist in NY except as a 2 y.o. business license registered to a Mr. Sergei Davidenko of 232 E 26th St., Manhattan. Another residential apartment (again using Skipease reverse trace).

Hammad's Dad, who presented the letter that bailed him out, is Jordanian immigrant and reportedly senior engineer with the City of NY, Mr. Peter Hansen of 3187 Hylan Blvd on Staten Island. Reportedly Hammad has closer ties with his mother, still in Gaza/Jordan, than with his dad, but it's impossible to find her name.

A second address listed in skiptracing for Magic Heating and Plumbing is 1776 Bay Ridge Ave, Brooklyn -- phone: 718-833-8282. This address is also registered to Dynasty Bus and Tours, Inc, and to a Bai Sheng Chen, Ahen Xiong Chen and Mouna Chour.

At the time of arrest, Mr. Hammad was also carrying a charter membership card for Team Ford Racing .

Hammad frequented a Lebanese deli in Brooklyn, also owed by a Mr. Elie

Elie later gave reporters a character reference on Mr. Hammad.

Because Hammad is a US citizen now, the Memphis judge would not allow his continued detention nor any mention of the 9/11 coincidences at the Memphis drivers license fraud trial. The other defendants, not US citizens, remain in detention.

A co-defendant in the Memphis trial was Hammad's cousin, also in the WTC on 9/5, Mr. Abdelmuhsen Mahmid Hammad. Other defendants were the Memphis ringleader Khaled Odtllah of Jerusalem, immigrated to the US in 1989, and Mr. Mostafa Said Abou-Shahi and Mr. Mohammed Fares, and a juvenile obtaining a 20 y.o. false ID, Mr. Omar Khayata.

As Guardian reported, on June 28th, Khaled Odtllah was released hours after being sentenced by U.S. District Judge Bernice Donald.
But his three co-defendants - Mohammed Fares, 19, Abdelmuhsen Mahmid Hammad, 31, and Mostafa Said Abou-Shahin, 25 - remained in custody to face deportation

But Odtllah was the one, who took the forms to Katherine Smith.
Why is he free?

One of the defendants, un-named in news reports (check www.gomemphis.com for archives), drove from NY to Memphis on 9/11.

If the Tennessee, New York and Arlington-stories are connected, remains a mystery, because the only "witness", Katherine Smith, is dead and others are not asked yet.

more at: http://www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=4822&

Bookmark and Share
posted by u2r2h at Sunday, August 10, 2008


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites